Carine Roitfeld, the famed former Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Paris and now, Editor-in-Chief of CR Fashion-Book, has collaborated with MAC Cosmetics to create a chic and sophisticated collection, which includes the MAC Carine Roitfeld Jungle Camouflage Full Face Kit.
Initially, when I saw the collection, I decided that I was going to pass on it. But after doing a recent B2M, I realized that I needed to replenish quite a few MAC shadows, so I started browsing the new collections and decided to get the MAC Carine Roitfeld Jungle Camouflage Full Face Kit.
The kit includes a quad of eye shadows and a Cremeblend Blush: Dew (VP), Camo (S), Bad Lieutenant (M) and Carbon (M). The blush is Bootcamp Bronze (which I will be discussing in another post).
The packaging is sleek and chic. I also like the mirror in the palette.
The colors are muted, yet pigmented, which are great for fans of the smoky eye look, who love matte shadows and who like a sophisticated look with limited color.
I like this palette, but I don’t really think it is a must-have, but it could make a great addition to one’s collection. I like the versatility – the colors can go easily from day into night. I think the Jungle Camouflage kit would be great for someone who wants subtle look for job interviews or works in a conservative environment.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Light Primer
- Inglot Cream Foundation – 34
- Inglot AMC Pressed Powder – 61
- Cosmedicine Oil Control Lotion
- MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot
- Carine Roitfeld Jungle Camouflage Full Face Kit (shadows only)
- Purely Cosmetics Cream to Powder – Bronze
- MAC Brown Script e/s
- Shu Uemura Paint liner – Black
- Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara
- MAC Gleeful blush
- MAC Styleseeker’ Mattene Lipstick – Fashion Nomad
- MAC Cremestick Liner – Red Enriched