Over the past few months, I have been excited by neutral looks. (Don’t get me wrong, I still love my greens, purples and pinks!) After listening to Beauty Talk with Illusions Cosmetics on Thursday, I wanted to try a more naked look than what I am normally do.
So a couple of years, I purchased NARS Voyage e/s. The color is a soft sandy matte with flecks of gold shimmer. I was rather excited about the possibilities of this shadow. A great shadow for a naked/neutral look. Ok the problem…no primer/base would allow the shadow to NOT be blotchy looking. I have sobbed a time or two in my face wipes mumbling “why can’t I make this shadow work?” Then one day I heard a voice from on high or maybe it was Milan Rouge‘s post about using NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk that gave me inspiration. Four months later, I purchased pencil. I finally gave it a go and it worked well. *Pop lockin’* Definitely a must-have!
My next challenge is to make NARS Night Star. Stay tuned!!!
- Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse foundation – Caramel
- NARS Sheer Glow foundation – New Orleans
- Cosmedicine Oil-Free Lotion
- NYX Jumbo eye pencil – Milk
- NARS Voyage
- Purely Cosmetics CTP – Bronzed Brown
- NARS Mekong
- Tarte EmphasEYES™ Waterproof Clay Shadow / Liner – Black
- Maybelline Falsies mascara
- Natural Glow
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss Stick – Wild Plum