A few weeks ago, Shana Janelle , reminded me about the special 2-hour beauty sale Neiman Marcus was having. I had decided that I was not going to purchase anything, so my makeup fairy godmother* ordered 2 of the Shu Uemura Nobara cream cover stick foundation in 734 and 504. 734 is similar to NC 44, while 504 is similar to NW45 and NARS New Orleans.
The foundation felt light on my skin and it wore well. Also, the foundation color did not oxidize at all!! *Double Yay!!* I have worn this combo several times and I really like the staying power. I definitely would repurchase.
I live on the Sephora.com “sale” section. That is a place where I can find some real steals and deals *some deep deep discounts*. (Sidebar: I am still kicking myself for not stocking up on Napoleon Perdis Foundation Stick #7.)
I have never really tried any Sephora products, other than the cream makeup remover (which I love!!) So I decided to get the Sephora Star Gazer Palette ($15 USD). The colors are pigmented and are smooth to apply. I love that it has a mirror Definitely worth the buy, if looking for gifts or stocking stuffers. I have not tried the blush, but I would definitely pair it with NARS LoveJoy or a bronzer.
Sephora Star Gazer Palette:
- Aurora (light, shimmering silver) (Top Row)
- Galaxy (deep, sparkling gray) (Top Row)
- Polaris (dark, matte gray) (Top Row)
- Heaven (nude, shimmering rose) (Bottom R0w)
- Jupiter (shimmering mauve) (Bottom R0w)
- Orion (deep, shimmering purple) (Bottom R0w)
- Blush in Soleil (perfect pink)
FOTD – the mauve and purple look AGAIN!!!
- MAC Select Cover Up – NC50
- Shu Uemura Nobara cream cover stick foundation – 734
- Shu Uemura Nobara cream cover stick foundation – 504
- MAC MSF Natural – Dark
- Prescriptives Powder – #5 Base
- Cosmedicine Medi-Matte™ Oil Control Lotion SPF 20 (Base)
- MAC Artifact P/P
- Sephora Star Gazer Palette – (Heaven and Orion)
- Shu Uemura Painting Liner – Midnight Blue
- Bourjois e/l – Navy
- Givenchy Phenomen’eyes mascara – Black
- NARS LoveJoy Blush
- Random Sephora lip gloss
omgggoodness…. i love that sephora palette its gorgeous! love the fotd!!
Your makeup is beautiful, the colors really look amazing on you.
.-= Nicole´s last blog ..The Makeup Show NYC – Part II =-.
your eyeshadow looks pretty!
.-= tami´s last blog ..My experience with the 2010 Chevy Traverse =-.
I am always happy to enable fellow beauty babes! LOL OMG I am so mad I didnt take advantage of the sale myself. I will definitely have to check those out soon!
@Shana, Girrrrlll that sale was awesome!! And things were selling out fast…not that I would know, since my makeup fairy godmother got the Shu Uemura for me! lol
Very pretty. Will you post swatches?