As we get ready to travel to The Makeup Show Chicago, I want to offer some tips that will enhance your makeup show experience. Remember: the purpose of the show is to learn about new products and techniques, learn how to advance your career (branding, portfolio, best business practices, etc), meet-up with friends and meet new ones.
This year, The Makeup Show has launched a mobile app (available on iOS and Android OS) which allows users to “star must-see events, check out exhibitors, events, show buzz, and get the latest updates from the show.” Go to the App Store or Google Play to download the app “Showcased International”. Create an account and you will be ready for the excitement and wonderment that is TMS Chicago.
- Before entering the show, make sure to download and peruse the TMS Chicago mobile app. This app includes all the seminars/presentations’ descriptions, schedule and locations as well as the location (map) of vendors. Select which seminars you want to attend and make sure you are early to get seats because they will fill up quickly.
- You will need to balance your time well between purchasing and attending seminars. Over the years, I have noticed that vendors have created better shopping processes to reduce confusion.
- Check out brands that you are not familiar with. I find that some of my favorite (and best) brands are relatively unknown to the masses.
- Have your business cards ready to share with others.
- Speak to the vendors, many of them are the owners, brand executives and/or PR professionals. Get to know them!
- Be friendly. I have made some cool connections with my fellow beauty bloggers and other makeup artists.
- Become a The Powder Group (TPG) Pro Member. There are tons of benefits, so go to the TPG booth for more information.
Location – (June 9-12, 2013, from 9 AM – 6 PM on Sunday and 9 AM – 5 PM on Monday) at The Bridgeport Art Center, 1200 W 35th Street, Chicago, IL 60609. Side note – Free Parking Lot (based on availability)
Follow me on Instagram (pumps_and_gloss), Twitter (@pumpsandgloss), Tumblr and Pinterest. Also follow the hashtag #TMSChicago / #tmschi on Twitter and Instagram to follow the happenings!
See you there,