Happy Holidays (Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Kwanzaa) to all.
This writer’s strike is really bothering me. I am missing Conan O’Brien, The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. If there were not other important things going on in my life, I would have no reason to exist. I hope both parties can come to a suitable agreement, so I can see my men live on the TV once again.
My top 5 favorites shows are (not in any specific order) that I have never discussed on Pumps and Gloss before:
- Eureka on the SciFi Network – Mr. Maven turned me on to this show as he is a sci-fi fan, but not in a weird/nerdy way. The show is about a sheriff who moves to a town where all the residents are geniuses. One of the major employers of the town is Global Dynamic where scientists work on high-level, top secret assignments for the Department of Defense. The show has a nice mix of romance, science and mayhem, which I totally love. The ensemble cast includes Salli Richardson, Joe Morton, and Colin Ferguson.
- The Nanny -I love this show. When the show first aired, I was a freshman in college. At the time, I liked how Nanny Fine dressed because I, too, loved the short skirts and wore them as often as I could. The show is a classic just like “I Love Lucy.”
- I am not a huge animated fan, but I love “The Boondocks.” This sharply written animated show is definitely NOT for the kids. The show is based on the cartoon strip of the same name. The strip contained a biting critique of popular and political culture in the United States. My favorite episodes include Gangstalicious, a rapper who gets shot and kisses a fellow male rapper. I am still trying to figure out who he is supposed to represent.
- Chuck is a new show on NBC prime time. We missed a few episodes in the beginning. Thankfully, we were able to catch on easily to the show. “Chuck” is a show about 20-something techy nerd, who accidentally downloads NSA and CIA information into his brain. Chuck works at BuyMore as a tech support that works in the Nerd Herd (i.e. Geek Squad.) He works undercover for the government and each week battles, along with his spy handlers, terrorists and other evil-doers.
- Las Vegas is worth watching for Josh Duhamel alone. He is definitely fine!! I liked the kick-a$$ nature of the show, until James Caan decided to leave the show, I am sure for valid reasons. The new addition of Tom Selleck as casino owner is a, somewhat, dull . Would have been super nice, if Mike got the President of Operations job, considering he has a degree from MIT. Still I enjoy the show, but I waiting for an increase in kick assery.
What are some of your favorite television shows?
Decking the Halls with Boughs of Holly,
It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia. I’m from Philly so I can relate.
I loved Veronica Mars. But all my favorite shows always get cancelled.
And I can never pass up a 90210 rerun.
Stargate Atlantis, Prison Break, 24, Dr. Who, Torchwood.
I enjoy House and Grey’s Anatomy. 🙂