Friends ask me all the time about which cosmetic brands, specifically which eye shadows, are worth checking out. At first, I was all about the MAC, which I still am, but now I have added Urban Decay, Lorac, Ben Nye, CARGO. I want to add Too Faced to that list.
My Too Faced admiration started last year when I was looking for a shimmery chocolate eye shadow, which MAC does not have. I ordered Too Faced “Dirt Bag” online from Sephora from the color description “dark chocolate with golden sparkles.” (Sidebar: There are about 2 Sephora stores close by my home and for whatever reason going to either store was not an option at the time.) When the package arrived, I was pleased with the color and the product. Too Faced eye shadows are smooth and very blendable, which is something that should be available in all department store brands. Recently, I have added more Too Faced to my collection:
- Glamazon single (Silver fawn)
- Sitcom Siren single (Plum taupe shimmer)
- Cocoa Lily Duo – (rich metallic chocolate brown/ glimmering lilac rose) *Very lovely*
- George & Weezie Duo – (icy gold/ bronze pearl) *I bought this one because I liked the name*
- Rich Bitch Duo – (slate blue with golden sheen/ soft gold shimmer) *Basically, these are both gold in my opinion, the blue barely shows up.*
- Skinny Dip – (cobalt metallic/ iridescent sky) – – *The prettiest blue I have seen in a long time, the iridescent sky is too pretty…like a soft bluish purple hue*
- Shooting Star Galaxy Glam Eye Shadow – (black with galactic gold) *similar to MAC’s mineralized eye shadows, but with a better texture*
- Supernova Galaxy Glam Eye Shadow – (black with peach and pink)
The Galaxy Glam Eye Shadows are great for creating a smoky eye look. I tried the Super Nova recently with Cocoa Lily and I liked the outcome. (Please pray for me and my liner technique…getting better though.)
I also want to try the Liquif-Eye Set (eye shadow / eyeliner set). (See above comment) 🙂
Each eye shadow is very pigmented and has a buttery texture. My only problem with Too Faced is that the brand needs more colors. Too Faced, for the size, is a good deal as it is cheaper than MAC (when size is compared.) MaybeI could break-up with MAC eye shadows for Too Faced (I love MAC too much though), but there is no other brand with the extensive eye shadow color range and textures. I implore the Too Faced guys to come out with more colors. I will be in the first one in line to snatch them up.
Definitely check out Too Faced products, I think they are definitely worth your time and money.
Have a beautiful day,
[…] They are smooth and very blendable. I absolutely love them and now have 3 in my collection. I love their shadows (singles and […]
Wow! That Supernova shade looks awesome!!! Here in Spain we don’t have Too Faced and we gotta buy their products through websites like eBay. I discovered the brand when I bought Lip Injection. Great discovery!
The names of the shadows alone make me interested. I also want to try out the Too Faces Eye Insurance. Great post!! Now I need to go and try them out
Rich Bitch duo is definitely ok, but the others are definitely worth checking into, I also wish that they used brown less in the duos, but the browns have great pigmentation and shimmer, which I love.
Will check them out. I love the names, especially Rich Bitch.