I have attended The Makeup Show (Los Angeles, NYC and Chicago) for 4 years and this TMS Chicago 2012 promises to be an exciting event for makeup artists. This premier beauty event enhances the total artist experience including learning how to brand your business, tips and techniques for different levels of artistry, how to advance your career, mentoring and discounts on makeup brands. There will also be hands-on training (additional fees will apply). I am looking forward to the Keynote Forums with AJ Crimson, Billy B, Tia Dantzler, James Vincent.
- When entering the show, make sure to get and peruse the TMS Chicago guide book. This book includes all the seminars/presentations’ descriptions, schedule and locations as well as the location (map) of vendors. Select which seminars you want to attend and make sure you are early to get seats because they will fill up quickly.
- You will need to balance your time well between purchasing and attending seminars. Over the years, I have noticed that vendors have created better shopping processes to reduce confusion.
- Check out brands that you are not familiar with. I find that some of my favorite (and best) brands are relatively unknown to the masses.
- Be friendly. I have made some cool connections with my fellow beauty bloggers and other makeup artists.
- Become a The Powder Group (TPG) Pro Member. There are tons of benefits, so go to the TPG booth for more information.
- If you are taking the train, you can get to TMS Chicago by taking the Pink or Green lines and exit Morgan St.
- Follow me on Instagram (pumps_and_gloss) and twitter (@pumpsandgloss). Also follow the hashtag #TMSChicago on Twitter and Instagram to follow the happenings!
Post a comment