I was reading a magazine and ran across this article talking about sensuous suggestions for women. These suggestions come from Dr. Hilda Hutcherson, M.D. who composed Pleasure: A Woman Guide to Getting the Sex You Want, Need and Desire. I thought it would be interesting to see what some the good old doctor has to say when it comes to women and sexual satisfaction.
1) “Traditionally, we’ve been told sex is for procreation and male pleasure.”
What about female pleasure? Women its time to learn how to initiate sex- it’s normal and healthy. Good sex is a woman’s birthright.
2) “Many women deny masturbating; we think it’s nasty.”
It’s not. Women who are sexually frustrated have increased the risk of hypertension and heart disease, as well as insomnia and anxiety.
3) “Sex shouldn’t end at menopause.”
You’ve got to keep the juices flowing. Use a lubricant. Get a vibrator if you don’t have a partner. Regular orgasms keep the vagina from shrinking and drying out.
4) “Women need to talk more about sex…”with our partners, friends and children. Desires, consequences and safer sex practices should be discussed frankly.
5) Oral sex is fun “not just for his birthday.” You can bring a strong man to his knees – it’s so powerful.
Personally, I believe women should be open to discussing what excites them and try out their sexual desires. Why as women do we believe sexual topics are taboo? I believe it goes back to being a lady at all times. I believe we can be a lady in the streets but when it comes to the bedroom, its time to unleash the rebel that we hold inside. When you really think about it, what do you have to lose? You may actually discover something you like and want to include it on a regular basis for sexual gratification. I’m not saying if your man wants a ménage a trios to be like Nike and just do it. You have to want, desire and need it yourself. Not just because your man wants to indulge. I’m going to purchase her book to see what else she has to say about women and their sexual satisfaction.