Ponte knit is great. I like the stability and durability of the fabric. I have a few ponte knit dresses, but I tend to stay away from skirts and jackets. Because of my lovely apple shape, I do not like the cling around my stomach. Elastic-waist skirts are very problematic because they do not cinch me in and they tend to stretch in the waist, which means I have to size down.
I had my eye on the Talbots Ponte Knit Pleated Accordion Skirt in Windsor Green.
The skirt comes in a wide range of sizes (Misses, Petites, Women’s and Women’s Petites) and several colors. The stretch at the waist is stiff, so it does cinch me. I *Yay!!* The pleats are perfect and remain wrinkle-free. I also like this skirt travels well. Definitely worth checking out.
- Jacket – Dorothy Perkins (n/a) (similar)(similar)
- Top – Forever 21 + Polka Dot Tank Top (similar)
- Skirt – Talbots Ponte Knit Pleated Accordion Skirt – Windsor Green (similar)(similar)
- Belt – Ralph Lauren (n/a) (similar) (similar)
- Purse – J. Crew Factory Vero Clutch – Casablanca Blue (similar)(similar)
- Shoes – J. Crew (n/a) – (similar) (similar)
- Hosiery – Berkshire (n/a) (similar)